Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Physical Fitness (monthly progress report)


Most of you probably aren't aware of this, but throughout my life (on and off) I've been something of a bodybuilding geek. Not to the extent of my scifi/fantasy/RPG geekdom, of course.

"Bodybuilding" might be too strong a word.  Though I idolized Arnold Schwarzenegger just as much as Conan the Barbarian, I've never competed in a bodybuilding competition, nor even attended a show.  So, perhaps it's more accurate to describe my interests as weight training and nutrition.

Regardless, I'm interested in getting back into shape (on again).  Not just my prior heights but something greater.  Specifically, less fat and more muscle.

I'll be posting a progress photo along with my current weight each month.  Not only does this keep me honest with myself, I'm held accountable through the magic of the internet.  Some will see this as over-sharing or just plain annoying as it has nothing to do with RPGs.  Oh well, I say.  It's my blog.

I actually forgot to weigh in this morning but yesterday's weight was 187 lbs.

Questions and comments are encouraged.  I've been lifting weights since I was about 15.  I've been paying attention to proper bodybuilding/fitness nutrition like intermittent fasting for over a decade.  Now's the time to get into the best physical shape of my life.  Especially since I'll be 40 at the end of this month.


VS


No comments:

Post a Comment